REQUIRED TEAM DOCUMENTS (bring with you to the tournament)
- Consent/Release Forms – For Qualifying Tournaments, if your team members have registered online on the FIRST National website and had their parents complete the form online (FIRST is strongly encouraging the online route and has sent emails to all registered teams explaining), then coaches simply need to print out your Team Roster from your Team Dashboard. It will show which students are on your team and which have completed the form. If team members have NOT registered and completed the form online, they must provide a signed paper Consent/Release form at each event (you can download the form from your team dashboard under Manage Team Contacts – next to Youth Members). IF YOUR TEAM ADVANCES TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, THE OFFICIAL TEAM ROSTER SHOWING THAT ALL CONSENT FORMS HAVE BEEN SIGNED ONLINE IS REQUIRED! You can find instructions for registering your team members online HERE.
- Team Info Sheet_FL005_Fillable – (also known as Team Introduction or Team Profile sheet). Bring 4 copies – one for registration and one for each of the judging sessions (robot design, project, and core values). REQUIRED AT QUALIFYING TOURNAMENTS AND AT THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.
2019 Core Values Poster instructions – (REQUIRED AT THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AT THE QUALIFIERS) – You must provide this to be eligible for the Core Values award at the Championship. And although not required at the Qualifiers, it can impact the judges’ decisions, as it provides valuable information to assist in the Core Values judging process.
- 011B_Robot_Design_Executive_Summary – is SUGGESTED to help teams prepare, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO TURN IN TO JUDGES. It is intended to help the team organize important information ahead of time.
WHAT TO BRING TO AN EVENT
- Team Roster showing status of Consent and Release signatures, and paper copies for any team member that has not completed it online (REQUIRED)
- Team introduction page (REQUIRED)
- Core Values Poster (REQUIRED AT THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AT THE QUALIFIERS)
- Anything needed for your Project Presentation (props/costumes/etc.)
- Robot Design Executive Summary (suggested, but not required)
- Robot and attachments
- Parts kit (extra parts for repairs/adjustments)
- Print out of mission programs (helpful to give to the judges)
- Materials, props, and equipment needed for Project presentation
- Laptop computer with batteries and/or AC adaptor, extra batteries, extension cords
- Team scrapbook
- Team banner, posters, or other decorations for pit space
- Snacks and drinks
- Storage box for personal items
- USB cable
- Fun, inexpensive items to share with other teams (pins, hats, personalized team playing cards). This practice is a fun way for teams to get to know each other. Handmade items that reflect your team or organization (school, troop, etc.) are also great.